Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Return of Xunta


I cannot describe to you the deep despair I experienced when I found out that our favorite neighborhood tapas place, Xunta, was closing last year. No more cheap sangria, tasty tortilla and live flamenco at a convenient 10 block distance. I still feel a pang of sadness every time I pass their shuttered facade. But I was mildly cheered when I found out they were reopening in Brooklyn. We finally tried out the new locale tonight and the reaction was over all positive. Some changes, both good and bad, but it's still essentially the same basic Spanish tapas that I love- and the same waiters, who remembered us from our frequent visits to the East Village location. Although we can't make it over to Williamsburg with the same frequency we did when they were over here, I think we'll stop by every once in a while when the old Xunta craving hits.

** The picture here is of the old, beloved, defunct Xunta. *tear*

No comments:

Post a Comment