Monday, May 10, 2010

High-brow/Low-brow


I like to consider myself a person of eclectic taste, meaning that I enjoy both the finer and simpler pleasures of life. It is in that spirit that I offer you the following highlights of my weekend. On Saturday night, I got to fulfill one of my New York dreams, by going to my first opera at the Met. We saw Tosca, and miraculously got amazing orchestra seats for the student ticket price. In the mail that day, I also received this free sample of Kashi GoLean Crisp...which also made me incredibly happy. Because if there's one thing I love as much as world-class opera, it's free trial-size cereal boxes.

Oh also, we went to a delicious Sunday BBQ at our friend Chip's garden, which is neither high-brow, nor low-brow, but somewhere in the lovely in-between. He made awesome food as always, and we were serenaded by Belarusian folk songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment