Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chillin in the Queen City

We're on vacation in Charlotte, North Carolina! Had a bit of a fracas involving missing our flight yesterday, but after a long, pleasant (not so much) conversation with our friendly Delta representative, and a short trip from JFK to LaGuardia airport, we found our way here late last night. Highlight of the day was getting a dinner of 2 sizeable pizzas and two beers for $15. Our NYC-wired brains almost short-circuited when we saw the check.
Had a relaxing day here so far- necessary to recover from the stresses of travel yesterday (life is so hard). Went to the pool, which is lovely lovely and we plan to return every day. Only exception to the relaxation agenda was this morning when I dragged Fer with me on a seemingly endless trek to find a drugstore, oops. Umm, I didn't bring a camera on vacation (gasp!) so sadly I can't provide any fantastic pictures of our fun, unless I somehow figure out how to transfer pictures from the Blackberry to the computer (i.e. don't hold your breath).

1 comment:

  1. I just realized I haven't kept up with your blog in a while. This is so exciting! Many posts to read tonight. Charlotte sounds like so much fun! Missing flights sucks though, I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete