Friday, May 6, 2011

It's Never Too Early for Cake


That was the title of an e-mail sent by my school principal this morning announcing that a student's grandmother had brought in a pineapple upside-down cake for the staff. Yes, the love just kept on coming for Teacher Appreciation Week. I felt like this showed extra special appreciation for me, as pineapple upside-down cake is my absolute favorite cake. (I know I'm such a 1950's housewife.)
So yes, I had a large, sugary piece of cake at 9:30 am today. I'd like to think the carbohydrate rush had a beneficial effect on my teaching, but there's probably no evidence for that.
And this is an ACTUAL picture of the cake. Don't be too jealous.
I will also include a link to a pineapple upside-down cake recipe in case anyone is feeling inclined to make me a belated birthday dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment