Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday Evening with Sayda


Fer and I were invited by our good friend Alicia, to a performance in Brooklyn tonight. We had no idea what the show was about, but I am so glad we trusted the good judgement of Alicia and went. It was an amazing piece about a woman's experience emigrating to the US from Guatemala when she was a young girl. It made me smile to listen to her talk about volcanos, chickens and black beans as she moved across the stage in a corte woven from strips of plastic. Check out her website, and try to catch her show on its last night here in NY if you can (Sunday 2/21)! For all you Californians, she will be performing in San Diego and LA next week! Just be warned, you may leave the show craving black beans and tamales...I know I did.

Sayda Trujillo website: I Was Raised Mexican

No comments:

Post a Comment